Plan Your Pre-Construction Timeline
Preparation For Building:
Note: This timeline represents only a suggested path. Each homeowner may approach their project differently and have special building or land development considerations. Cedar Homes of Washington will assist the homeowner to organize their own building project and timeline.
- Development of preliminary blueprints
- Pre-qualify for financing & bank selection
- Water - (hook ups or well drilling)
- Septic - (drainfield design apprvd. by Health Dept.)
- Check for:
- Building covenants
- Critical Area designation
- Road or school mitigation fees (paid in addition to permit fee)
- Fire code building requirements
- Determine construction method (owner/bldr., project mgr. or contractor)
- Blueprint revisions
- Stake out home at jobsite
- Review slope for basement
- Preliminary plans to subcontractors for bids
- Final plans complete with Engineer stamp (if required)
- Submit forms required by bank for financing approval
- Develop plot plan
- Submit plans & paperwork to county for permit
- Approval of permit
- Approval of financing with letter of commitment from lender
- Sign final blueprints & give cutting approval
- Excavation of site
- Foundation & plumbing (basement)
- Temporary power pole at jobsite
- Forklift or boom truck arrives at site
- Home package arrives at site
- Inventory by Cedar Homes of Washington
- Construction Begins
What Our Clients Are Saying...
"A Very Rewarding Experience"
It has been such a pleasure working with you on our "cabin project." You have made it a very rewarding experience - one that we will remember for a long time. Your sincere and honest approach to helping your customers is truly unique. You both have a real knack of making your customers feel special and important. We feel fortunate to have hooked up with you.
-- Paul and Nancy Davis.