The Cedar Home Construction Process
1. The foundation is laid and the first load of materials have arrived on-site.
2. Floor Joinsts are installed. Ready for the plywood subfloor.
3. First timbers are placed between laminated columns.
4. Main level floor completed.
5. Midfloor installed and second floor framing completed.
6. Glue lam beams and roof system installed.
7. Finish roofing installed, deck and fireplace completed.
What Our Clients Are Saying...
"An Extremely Positive Experience"
We were looking at cabin packages to build a retreat in the mountains for our family. Their openness, friendliness and willingness to help is genuine. We never felt any pressure to give a commitment. The fact that the home they live in is a product they built themselves from a kit is a positive statement that they know the design and build process - have been through it - and know first hand about long term maintenance, etc. for these type of structures.
The summer of 2004, we had a contractor build the shell of our cabin and it was an extremely positive experience. There have been minor issues that have come up during the building process, such as shortages for hardware. Cedar Homes of Washington have always promptly returned phone calls and remedied the situation in short order. We cannot think of a way that they could improve the way they conduct their business or improve their customer service.
-- Jim and Susannah Lake